This versatile hat pattern includes three styles -- a rolled brim for a feminine look, a ribbed brim for the whole family, or ribbed from beginning to end for a classic beanie! Sized for men, women, and children. The learning version of the pattern contains detailed photos to help beginning knitters.
This pattern has step-by-step photos with much detail. It will show you….
* How to use circular needles.
* How to join in a circle without twisting.
* How to use double-pointed needles.
* How to knit two stitches together.
* The visual difference between the front and back of the fabric.
* How to join yarn if you run out.
* How to weave in yarn.
Hat A: Rolled brim
Hat B: Ribbed brim
Hat C: All-over rib
Sizing: This hat is sized from babies through large adults.
Yarn: Use any yarn that knits between 2 and 6 stitches per inch.
Skills needed: Knowledge of how to cast on, knit, and knit 2 stitches together for Hat A. You will need to know how to purl for Hats B and C. The pattern explains how to knit with circular and double-pointed needles.
Photos by Cynthia Spencer